Classifieds Business Directory Jobs Real Estate Autos Legal Notices Forums Subscribe Archives
Today is February 22, 2017
home news sports feature opinion happenings society obits techtips

Front Page » May 31, 2005 » Lifestyle » Orangeville monument receives facelift
Published 4,285 days ago

Orangeville monument receives facelift

Print PageEmail PageShareGet Reprints

Members of the Rock Canyon Camp are Georgia Gardner, Myrlene Sitterud, Talma Peacock, Ann Bell, Earlene Allen, Ruth Whimpey, Lorna Davis and Elda Hinkins.

The first public building erected in Orangeville was a log structure built in 1880.

It was located on the southwest corner of 100 West and Center Street.

On May 1, 1949, the Rock Creek Camp Daughters of the Utah Pioneers, in Orangeville, dedicated a monument on that spot to commemorate that first public building.

After 56 years, the monument is receiving some needed renovation from the members of the Rock Canyon Camp DUP. On May 16, work began to improve the site, and several members were on hand to witness the sand blasting of the monument in preparation for repairs.

Those present were: Myrlene Sitterud, captain; Talma Peacock, first vice-captain; Georgia Gardner, second vice-captain; Elda Hinkins, chaplain; Ann Bell, secretary; Earlene Allen, membership; Lorna Davis, historian; and Ruth Whimpey.

Manpower and machinery to complete the sandblasting was provided by David Hinkins.

Print PageEmail PageShareGet Reprints

Top of Page

May 31, 2005
Recent Lifestyle
Quick Links
Subscribe via RSS
Related Articles  
Related Stories

Best viewed with Firefox
Get Firefox

© Emery County Progress, 2000-2008. All rights reserved. All material found on this website, unless otherwise specified, is copyright and may not be reproduced without the explicit written permission from the publisher of the Emery County Progress.
Legal Notices & Terms of Use    Privacy Policy    Advertising Info    FAQ    Contact Us
  RSS Feeds    News on Your Site    Staff Information    Submitting Content    About Us