Print Page

Emery wrestling defeats Carbon at home

Chet Funk pins his man.

The Emery High wrestling team defeated Carbon High in a dual match held at Emery High the last of November. In a match that lasted less than 50 minutes, Emery won 54-21.

For the night, only one match went the entire distance of three rounds and that was the final match of the evening at 145 pounds. The first match of the night, at 152 pounds, was the only other match that even made it into the second round. Five matches on the night were forfeited by either one team or both, and all the other matches ended with a first round fall.

The opening match was at 152 pounds between Bowen LaCotta of Carbon and Dakota Curtis of Emery with LaCotta winning in the second round. At 160 pounds, Emery's Tyson Stout pinned Andrew Barnett at :53.2 in the first round. At 170 pounds, Emery's Chet Funk pinned Cameron Rutherford with 14.2 seconds left in the first round.

After Emery's George Sorensen, at 182 pounds, pinned James Birch with .6 seconds left in the first round, the next five matches were forfeited. Ky Jensen, Emery, at 195 pounds, Kenden Huff, Emery, at 220 pounds, and Brandon McCandless, Emery, at 285 pounds, all won by forfeit. Kade Scott, Carbon, at 106 pounds, did the same and then neither team had a wrestler at 113 pounds.

At 120 pounds, Emery's Cezly Collard pinned Kurtis Trevort at :55.4 of the first round. Emery's Ryan Cox at 126 pounds pinned Tyler Procarione at the :15.7 mark in the first round.

At 132 pounds, Jared Shakespaere of Emery pinned Derrick Trevort with 11.6 seconds left in the opening round. At 138 pounds, Emery's Paden Wells pinned KaHill Hunt with 11.6 seconds left in the first round.

In the final match of the night, Carbon's Ashton Scilia defeated Cole Guymon 14-8. Guymon led 4-2 after round one after getting a reversal and a near fall after Scilia had the opening takedown. In round two, Guymon started in the up position and three straight reversals tied the score at 6-6 with Scilia then getting a near fall and led 9-6. Scilia then got a takedown and another near fall in the final round before Guymon got an escape as the match wound down for the final score.

Print Page