NOTICE TO ALL EMERY COUNTY RESIDENTS
NOTICE TO ALL
EMERY COUNTY RESIDENTS
I, Brenda D. Tuttle, Clerk/Auditor of Emery County, hereby inform
you that candidates are to be elected for the following offices at the
upcoming General Election to be held on Tuesday, November 6, 2012.
The candidate filing period for these offices is from Friday, March
9, 2012 and ends at 5:00 p.m., Thursday, March 15, 2012.
(1) President and Vice President for a four (4) year term.
(2) U.S. Senate for a six (6) year term.
(3) U.S. House of Representatives. One U.S. Congressman from the
Third District, for a two (2) year term. Second District
of Carbon, Emery, Grand, Salt Lake, San Juan, Utah and
(1) Governor for a four (4) year term.
(2) Lieutenant Governor for a four (4) year term.
(3) Attorney General for a four (4) year term.
(4) State Auditor for a four (4) year term.
(5) State Treasurer for a four (4) year term.
(6) Senate. One member from State Senate District Twenty-Seven
for a four (4) year term. District Twenty-Seven (27) includes
Carbon, Emery, Grand, San Juan, Utah, and Wasatch County.
(7) House of Representatives. One member of the Utah House of
Representatives from each of the seventy-five (75) state
districts for a two (2) year term. Those affecting Emery County
(a) District (69) Sixty-Nine includes that portion of Emery
County in and around Green River.
(b) District (70) Seventy includes the remaining portion of
Emery County not included in District 69.
(1) County Commissioner, One (1) Commissioner for a four
(4) year term.
4. Local School Board
One member from each of the following districts to serve a four
year term on the Emery County School District Board:
(a) School Board District One (1) consisting of voting
precincts: Ferron #2, Ferron #3, and Clawson #4.
(b) School Board District Two (2) consisting of voting
precincts: Orangeville #5,and part of Castle Dale West
(c) School Board District Three (3) consisting of voting
precincts: Castle Dale East #7, and parts of Castle Dale
West #6, and Huntington East #8.
(1) Court of Appeals. There will be an unopposed retention
for one (1) Court of Appeals Judges provided that the
whose term is expiring file(s) during the filing period.
Brenda D. Tuttle
Emery County Clerk/Auditor
Published in the Emery County Progress February 14, 2012.
These legal notices, along with those from other fine Utah newspapers, can be viewed at www.utahlegals.com