|Members of the Rock Canyon Camp are Georgia Gardner, Myrlene Sitterud, Talma Peacock, Ann Bell, Earlene Allen, Ruth Whimpey, Lorna Davis and Elda Hinkins.|
The first public building erected in Orangeville was a log structure built in 1880.
It was located on the southwest corner of 100 West and Center Street.
On May 1, 1949, the Rock Creek Camp Daughters of the Utah Pioneers, in Orangeville, dedicated a monument on that spot to commemorate that first public building.
After 56 years, the monument is receiving some needed renovation from the members of the Rock Canyon Camp DUP. On May 16, work began to improve the site, and several members were on hand to witness the sand blasting of the monument in preparation for repairs.
Those present were: Myrlene Sitterud, captain; Talma Peacock, first vice-captain; Georgia Gardner, second vice-captain; Elda Hinkins, chaplain; Ann Bell, secretary; Earlene Allen, membership; Lorna Davis, historian; and Ruth Whimpey.
Manpower and machinery to complete the sandblasting was provided by David Hinkins.