|Roma Powell tells the story of Mrs. Santa Claus being the power behind the man.|
On Dec. 4, the Emery County Historical Society held their annual Christmas Party at the San Rafael Museum.
After the pledge of allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, Sam Singleton gave the opening prayer.
Joyce Staley was the master of ceremonies and introduced Roma Powell who was the entertainment for the evening.
Powell, a former school teacher, dressed as Mrs. Santa Claus to present a tale about how Mrs. Claus saved Christmas. The story as told by Mrs. Claus started when Santa told her that he was going to take a nap and not to awaken him on Christmas eve because he would be awake in time to take the sleigh, reindeer and gifts around the world.
Mrs. Claus did not awaken him as he had instructed and when midnight came, Mrs Claus decided something had to be done. That someone was to go in Santa's place.
The next morning when Santa awakened, he was alarmed that he had not done his job and when he found out that Mrs. Claus had accomplished the task with some changes. He was concerned that the children would be unhappy.
This fanciful story written and narrated by Powell of Huntington was a delight to all in attendance.
Next Joyce Staley handed out a 20 question brain teaser, "Called Name that Christmas Carol", then she led the group in singing Christmas Carols, while they worked on discovering the answers to the 20 questions. Only one or two answered all the questions correctly.
Ed Eckersly of Elmo had crocheted two rugs that were given away in a drawing at the end of the program. They were won by Kerry Perri and Julee Cook both from Price.
By this time everyone was anxious to eat the Christmas time treats that were sitting on the table at the back of the room. The treats were delicious candies, cookies, cakes, cheese balls, crackers, and apple cider punch.
Name That Christmas Carol:
1. Bleached Yule
2. Castaneous-colored Seed Vesicated in a Conflagration
3. Singular Yearning for the Twin Anterior Incisors
4. Righteous Darkness
5. Arrival Time 2400 hrs - Weather Cloudless
6. Loyal Followers Advance
7. Far Off in a Feeder
8. Array the Corridor
9. Bantam Male Percussionist
10. Monarchial Triad
11. Nocturnal Noiselessness
l2. Jehovah Deactivate Blithe Chevaliers
13. Red Man En Route to Borough
14. Frozen Precipitation Commence
15. Proceed and Enlighten on the Pinnacle
16. The Quadruped with the Vermillion Probiscis
17. Query Regarding Identity of Descendant
18. Delight for this Planet
19. Give Attention to the Melodious Celestial Beings
20. The Dozen Festive 24 Hour Intervals
1. White Christmas
2. Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire
3. All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth
4. O Holy Night
5. It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
6. Oh Come All Ye Faithful
7. Away in a Manger
8. Deck the Halls
9. Little Drummer Boy
10. We Three Kings of Orient Are
11. Silent Night
12. God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman
13. Santa Claus is Coming to Town
14. Let It Snow
15. Go Tell It On a the Mountain
16. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
17. What Child is This
18. Joy to the World
19. Hark the Herald Angels Sing
20. Twelve Days of Christmas.